CODE OF CONDUCT
To ensure the smooth, safe running of The Dance Movement and an enjoyable experience by all, below you will find our code of conduct. We reserve the right to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parents who breach our studio’s code of conduct.
Families who do not comply with their fee or costume payment obligations may be charged a late fee, and/or excluded from performances. External debt collection may occur when fees remain overdue and this will be at the expense of the client. Costume expenses are the responsibility of the parent, and costumes will not be issued to students with unpaid class fees.
No classes (including private lessons) or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class and if messages or food/drink/medication needs to be passed on to a student, it must be done through a The Dance Movement staff member. All parents must wait in the waiting areas or outside of the studios until classes have been dismissed.
We are unable to take responsibility for our students BEFORE or AFTER their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time. Dancers can be dropped off as early as 10 minutes before and picked up as late as 5 minutes after. If a child is waiting longer than 5 minutes after their class has ended - a staff member will contact the parent via text or call.
The Dance Movement is NOT responsible for your child at any time other than their scheduled class time.
If a dancer is more than 7 minutes late, they might be asked to sit and observe the class. Dancers coming in late causes distraction, delay and improper warm-up of the late dancer. Tardiness of one dancer affects the whole class and TDM will not jeopardize the responsibilities to the rest of the class for one student.
Any questions or complaints must go through reception – parents and students are not permitted to contact The Dance Movement teachers via phone, in person, or via email/social networking with studio issues and meetings with the owners can be arranged via reception or email.
In the case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the studio owners. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and will result in dismissal from the studio.
Any dancer or parent that is part of The Dance Movement will dress and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while at The Dance Movement Studio and at all performances, competitions, recital or any events where TDM is represented. Proper respect for the directors, staff, and fellow students
is expected of all dancers, parents, guardians and siblings. Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative, or aggressive WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and will call for immediate dismissal.
Any dancer, parent, guardian, or sibling who disrupts class or approaches a teacher or staff member or student with the intent to cause dissent or contravene the policies and procedures of TDM will be dismissed immediately. Any inappropriate, slanderous, or negative remarks about TDM WILL NOT TOLERATED.
The Dance Movement takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible.
The Dance Movement management reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year. If a class has 4 or less students, the length of the class MAY be adjusted to reflect enrollment. The Dance Movement reserves the right to decide to prevent enrollment or remove a dancer from a class that is not the right placement of said dancer. The Dance Movement management places all dancers in their classes regardless of history or level.
The Dance Movement Assistants are also an integral part of our program and work side by side with instructors to be able to take over the instruction of a class as needed. TDM Assistants are part of the staff and will be treated as so.
Choreography, costuming and studio policies remain the intellectual property of The Dance Movement and may not be reproduced or sold by any students, parents or staff without permission of the owners.
Dancer Code of Conduct
• Dancers are expected to attend class and be punctual. Dancers who miss class are encouraged to attend make-up classes and reach out to TDM or peer dancers to find out what they missed - especially recital choreography.
• Respect for teachers, parents and peers will be expected at all times. Cliques or bullying will not be tolerated. Dancers behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the class, and parents will be contacted.
• Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your class to warm-up and be prepared for class.
• Any student arriving late should enter the studio quickly and quietly so as not to disrupt the class.
• No outdoor shoes in the studios. Clean indoor shoes are required for all Hip Hop classes.
• No running in the studios, touching mirrors, or hanging off the barres.
• Dancers must be dressed in proper attire for every class.
• Hair must be in a bun for all Ballet classes and pulled back off the face for all other classes except Hip Hop.
• Dancers must treat the studio as if it was their home. Clean up all messes and throw out any food or garbage in the many bins provided.
• Theft of any kind at the dance studio will result in immediate dismissal.
• No swearing or foul language.
• No cell phones allowed in the dance studios at any time.
• Dancers are advised to not leave the premises between classes without adult supervision.
• Label all belongings and leave all valuables at home. Please check the lost and found box regularly as all items will be donated to Goodwill after a certain length of time.
• We encourage all of our students to work hard and try hard, and be the best dancer that they can be!